Sunday, April 8, 2012


Hi there :)  I hope everyone had a blessed Easter Sunday.  I know I did ... I'm completely stuffed full of Easter ham and wayyyy too many helpings of mashed potatoes (Grandma's mashed potatoes are just so yummilicious!)  And of course, even though I'm now married, own a home, and have a full time job ... there was still the annual Easter Egg hunt.  My precious little puppy Harper had great fun with that one ....


And so, as I sit on the couch being forced to watch the Masters (thanks Daddy and Hubby for that one) I figure it's as good a time as any to dive into the blogging world.  I'm totally loving the fact that I'm finallllyyy on Spring Break and don't have to be at work in the morning!  The last full week before break, my first graders were introduced to the AR Pirate Kids and we had such a blast!  Who knew r-controlled vowels could be such fun ....

First we read a little story I wrote about a little pirate boy named Bart who was scared of all sorts of things (like bananas and bird poop)  He had to find his pirate yell (ARRR!) to save his friends.  I was a little nervous to read this story to my kiddies since it was an original creation, but they just loved it!  Especially the bird poop part ...


After the story we did a little /ar/ word building exercise with pirate themed letter cards ...



Then we went on a pirate treasure hunt - read the room style of course!  I let the kids wear Pirate accessories and gave them a little "treasure" (starburst candy) when they found all the words.  So much fun!

If you think your kiddies might enjoy any of these activities, be sure to check out the whole pack at my TpT store!


Before I head off to eat a little more pie ... a quick freebie!  We certainly did some Easter themed activities those last days before break too.  One little math activity that turned out pretty stinkin' cute were our fraction eggs.  I realize this will be a little late for Easter this year, but maybe you can file it away for later :)  


That's all my friends!  I hope to hear from some of you soon :)
-amanda






No comments:

Post a Comment